7th/8th Grade Pre-Confirmation Requirements:
- Attend Wed. night sessions, retreats, and service as outlined on calendar in bold.
- Attend mass weekly, & on holy days of obligation.
- Complete the Saint Picture Board display to share in class: Due Feb 7th. (Choose 1 influential person in the history of the church: a saint, a pope, a leader, etc. and prepare a “Picture Board Display” about them. Be prepared to share with the class what you learned and display it during the “Living Stations” on Feb 21. Please be present and stand by your display that night.)
- Complete Service Projects – Fill out and turn in Service Project Sheets due Apr 11th.
- Attend 7th-8th Gr. Retreat – Wed. Dec. 6th
TEXT: The Catholic Youth Bible NRSV Catholic Edition – St. Mary’s Press and the “Edge”, Lifeteen Ministries.
7th/8th Grade Home Assignment – Due Feb. 7th
After praying about and choosing a Saint to study:
- Look up information on this person regarding when they lived, died, and what they did.
- Find their picture and print, or color, or draw it.
- Find out what miracles are attributed to this saint.
- What are they known for, what specific gifts, talents or accomplishments have they done.
- Write about any unusual circumstances in their life.
- What influence did they have on the Church.
- Print and display all the information on a covered piece of cardboard that can stand upright. Make sure the writing and pictures are big enough to be seen from 3 feet away.
- Include the information in separate little paragraphs, easy to read, along with other pictures to help tell the story. Decorate as desired.
- Display on Feb. 21st before and after the “Living Stations” in the Gathering Space at church. Come and stand by your display so other youth and adults may also see your work and learn from it, possibly asking you questions about it.
Some ideas for Saints/Influential People:
The Apostles: ___Peter ___James ___John ___Andrew ___Matthew ___Thomas ___Paul
___ Mary the Mother of Jesus ___ Joseph (Jesus’s father) ___Mary Magdeline ___St. Ambrose
___St. Augustine ___ St. Anne (Mary’s Mother) ___ St. Joachim (Mary’s Dad) ___St. Benedict
___ St. Scholastica ___St. Gregory the Great, Pope ___ St. Jerome ___ St. Francis ___St. Clare
___ St. Agnes ___St. Helena (Constantine’s mother) ___ St. Anthony ___ St. Patrick
___Emperor Constantine ___St. Perpetua ___ St. Boniface ___ Charlemagne, Charles the Great
___ Queen Margaret of Scotland ___ St. Thomas Aquinas ___St. George ___ St. Dominic
___St. Catherine of Siena ___ St Joan of Arc ___ Thomas More
___St. Ignatius Loyola ___ St. Philip Neri ___ St. Angela Merici ___ Christina, Queen of Sweden
___ Pope Pius IX ___ St. Paul Miki ___St. Vincent de Paul ___ Juan Diego ___ St Rose of Lima
___John Carroll of Maryland ___Bishop John Hughes ___ St. Elizabeth Ann Seton ___St. Therese
___Pope Leo XIII ___ Pope Pius XII ___Mother Teresa ___ Pope John XXIII ___Kateri Tekakwitha
___Pope Paul VI ___Pope John Paul ll ___Thomas Merton ___ Jean Donovan ___ Pope Benedict XVI
___Archbishop Romero ___Sr. Thea Bowman ___ Other __________________________