Family Faith Formation [4th and 5th Grades]
Are you ready for some fun and interactive learning that surprises even the catechists and parents who teach?
For the 1st to 3rd grade calendar, please see Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
This Curriculum uses The Word of Life, by Ignatius Press.
This Curriculum emphasizes the following pillars (Taken directly from the Curriculum introduction)
- Salvation History- The historical reality of God's entering time and inviting people into Communion with Him.
- Virtue and Character formation- How to live a virtuous and holy life through concrete examples
- Christian Anthropology and Theology of the Body- Teaches students the truth about their identity, dignity and purpose.
- Liturgy and Sacraments- Students engage with rich liturgical and sacramental life of the Church
- Prayer- Incorporates several methods of prayer to encourage a deeper union with God.
This curriculum also emphasizes robust family and parent involvement and offers online videos and tools to facilitate this engagement.
There are opportunities during the year for several fun service projects, helping in the community locally, serving the elderly, raking leaves, ministering to the sick with cards and prayers, serving at Feed My Starving Children, beautifying the gardens of St Williams, making gift blankets for the newly Baptized, and more! Service opportunities help bring to light the gifts and talents we all have to share, and remind us that it takes a village to serve the young and old, and everyone in between!